Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Starbucks Coffee in town!

Ok, fine - you might think that all Starbucks Coffee outlets there ever is and was, would offer the same thing to you - right?

Wrong. There are plenty of things that can make your cuppa at your local Starbucks go all nice and aromatic ... and plenty more that can really f*** it up, and take the rest of the day to hell with it.

Starbucks finally decided, "Ok, Ipoh can do now lah." And they decided to stick their first Ipoh outlet in a mall that really isn't much for Ipohites as it's supposed to be: Ipoh Parade. Unless you're a teenager, of course. They should really rename Ipoh Parade as Teenage Parade ... but, I digress.

So ok - Starbucks in Ipoh Parade. How? Dunno yet :P Haven't been there since it opened its doors, but will be going there within this week to check things out. And what will I be looking out for; to give it my personal thumbs-up for a Starbucks outlet?

  • Fresh coffee beans and grounds (ok this shouldn't be a problem.)

  • Al fresco coffee swigging, with minimal noise pollution.

  • Friendly, cheerful, proper English-speaking and KNOWLEDGEABLE staff, especially the managers ... I've had my fair share of permanent PMS-suffering managers.

  • WiFi, aka wireless broadband connection ... probably by TMnet Hotspot, as at every Starbucks I've been in Pen-Mal.

  • A PLACE to buy the damn TMnet Hotspot prepaid access cards - you'll never believe how many such hotspots don't sell these.

  • Power outlets to power me lappie when the juice runs out - you'll be amazed how many Starbucks lack these.


I pass Ipoh Parade every morning on my way to work, so I guess it'll be one of these mornings ... Until then - if any of you guys drop by there sooner, let us know here what you think of the outlet based on the criteria above - and more of yours too, pretty-please!

Note: This post has been read 77 times in the past.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Thanks def_may for your experience with Starbucks Ipoh! It sorta put a dampener on my impending visit there this weekend ... noise and snotty know-it-all staff are definitely NOT what I'd like to accompany my coffee :sad: Still, I'll check it out for any WiFi service as you didn't mention anything of it. But school canteen ... haiyaa ... like that got WiFi oso no use la :sad:

    ReplyDelete